Saturday, April 23, 2011

Monkey Business









Most of us adopt dogs and cats as members of our family. This particular client moved to Alrizona and adopted a Java Monkey to positively accentuate her family. You will recognize her as Anna from The Baseball Wives. I was leery about this adoption with concerns about problems socializing and potential diseases that these animals may carry. I had to meet this little diaper wearing pet for myself. As I entered the home, the new German Shepard puppy was chasing the 2lb monkey all around the house and the new baby was sitting on the floor laughing his head off. "Lona" the monkey communicates with facial expressions and by the looks of it, I was soon to be a friend. I had a ball with "Lona", "Thor' the new puppy and "Devon" the new baby. What a fun visit. My opinion about this particular situation was changed. I do not encourage anyone to obtain a primate without checking legal regulation and husbandry requirements for proper care of these sensitive animals. I do not treat primates as they are illegal to own in Georgia.

No comments: